Feb 18, 2011

52 weeks... Week 3

I was really worried that there wouldn't be a lot going on this week for me to share with you, but boy was I wrong.  Of course it was Valentine's Day :-).  My Valentine was extra special.  We spent a quiet day to ourselves.  We stopped out at a restaurant in Antigo Wisconsin called The Refuge (definitely recommend).  I had a delicious salad, and a wonderful slice of cheesecake for dessert :-)........O! Wait I forgot to mention. Before dinner, we had to kill some time.  And let me tell you, it is not hard for Brent and I to find something to do.  We are very adventurous.  Right near where we were to have dinner, was a fenced in area.  In that area where about 6 deer. One of them was albino!! So cool.. 


Just before this picture was taken, this deer ate the other deers poop! ew!

They came so close! I have never seen a deer so close before!


I tried feeding them, but they wouldn't eat off of my hand :-(

 After dinner we received two Dove hearts.  I LOVE Dove... I  had to save it until I was able to get a picture of it.  Once that was done, it was straight into my belly!



Besides Valentines Day, I also took a day to experiment with a new recipe.  I love watching the cooking channel.  I always try and jot down the recipes as they are shown, but can never keep up, until I realized they are online, yeah I'm a dork.  The recipe I chose to make this week is for a delicious Peanut Butter Fiber Bar.  It could almost pass as a dessert :-)....  I hope you like it..


Peanut Butter Fiber Bar

3/4 cup brown sugar
1 egg white
1 stick of butter melted
1 cup chunky peanut butter (you can use regular peanut butter, but it will be more sticky)
2 cups oats
1 cup chocolate chips
1/4 cup honey
First thing is to preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  Then melt the one stick of butter.  While that is melting, place the egg white into a large bowl.  Add the brown sugar, peanut butter, oats, and honey to the bowl.  Then add the butter.  Mix it all together.  Once it is mixed well, add the chocolate chips.  Place a piece of parchment paper over a 9x13  in pan.  Poor the mixture into the pan.  Then place the pan into the oven for 12-13 mins.  After it is done baking, let it cool in the refrigerator for 1 hour.   When it is finished, you can either divide and rape each bar, or you can serve it as a dessert bar!

I used creamy peanut butter





One final thing I would like to post about this week is my mom and I's plants!!  After 5 days, our baby tomatoes are peeking and saying "Hello"... I am so excited the plants are growing!


0 comments:

Post a Comment