Oct 18, 2011

Tucker and Jen:. Enchanted Wedding

Earlier this year I met up with Jen and Tucker in little old Green Bay Wisconsin.  The first time I ever got to meet these two, and let me tell you, I knew from that moment that their wedding was going to be the wedding I had been waiting for.  Not that I don't love all of the weddings that I photograph, but the style that Jen had was the style that I, as well, LOVE! 

She wanted a vintage style wedding, while at the same time incorporating their love for the Packers.  So they kept the colors, green and gold, but having a more pastel shade.  Her wedding dress was slimming and full of lace.  She had sparkly shoes and a long lace veil.  The gentlemen were dressed in complimentary, grey suits.

The moment I walked into the Barn, I knew that it was going to be an Enchanted wedding.  The detail was galore! You would find an old window used for seating guests for dinner, large letters to represent Jen and Tucker's initials, a wish true for guests to leave the new couple a wish, and plenty of herbs.  Jen used herbs all over the dinner tables, and also included them in the bouquet.  There were so many wonderful additions to this wedding! Jen was so kind to share with me a list of the details she used, and a brief description as to why she included these details.  You can find this list at the end of this blog post. 

I would like to finally say, thank you and congratulations to the newly weds!  It has been a pleasure getting to know the two of you, and I wish you the best of luck, and for many many years!  Love J.


And for the details... Thank you Jen for sharing!


Ceremony:  The Enchanted Barn online

Reception: The Enchanted Barn:  "[It] is the perfect place for a reception!  I loved sitting at the dinner table with the door open behind me and being able to see the trees and the sunset!  I also LOVED the candles the hung from the ceiling!!  So pretty and romantic!"

Bride’s Dress: Allure Bridal in St. Paul.  "I wanted a dress that was unique, not poofy, and made from lace."

Bride’s Shoes:  Macy's

Veil: Brides of France in Minneapolis.  "[I] had a piece of lace from my mom’s veil added to mine at the top."

Wedding Rings:  "Tucker (with his mom) picked out my ring!  He did such a great job!  I wanted something kind of unique and antique looking.  Tucker’s ring is from Overstock.com!!!  It is Tungsten…so very durable and “manly”!  Instead of using ring pillows, Tucker and I made ring bowls out of clay and wrote a special phrase in them for each other."

Grooms & Groomsmen Attire:  Allure Floral in Menomonie.  The ring bearers’ tux’s also matched the groomsmen. [the] “Captain America” cufflinks and “Green Lantern” cufflinks [are] from Etsy.com.

Bridesmaid Dresses:  We wanted the bridesmaid dresses to be long, loose, and flowy so the girls would feel comfortable in them.  I ordered the flower girl dress from Etsy.com.

Flowers: Allure Premiere Event Florists.  We wanted the flowers to be natural and simple- to fit in with the barn.  I loved my bouquet because there were herbs mixed in and it smelled so good!!  Lacy at Allure Premiere Event Florists read our minds and put together exactly what we wanted for the flowers.  Next to the Wish Trees we had 3 vases with a single flower (spider mum) to represent a close family who has passed.  We had 1 for each of my grandpa’s and one for Tucker’s great grandmother.  We didn’t want anything too feminine for the groomsmen and other men in the wedding- so we had clusters of herbs as their boutonniere.

 DJ: Blooms and Tunes

Cake: Jan’s Custom Cakes:  I ordered the cake toppers from Etsy.com.  I went with the green and yellow lovebirds (representing our love for the Packers, of course!). 

Reception decorations:  The barn doesn’t need too many decorations because it is so pretty by itself.  But I did make some decorations.  I made 2 wish trees out of manzanita branches, pots, and plaster of Paris, and I made the wish tags  and wish tree sign.  I liked this better than having a guest book and it was so much fun to read the tags when we got home!!  I cut burlap for the table runners.  My brother made me two letters, a “J’ and a “T”, out of wood and we hung those downstairs with ribbon.  We got a window pane from Tucker’s grandparents to use as a seating chart.  The window pane is from his great great grandparents’ home.  For the wedding favors, I ordered small jars of honey and then cut out two different patterns of fabric and tied them on the jars with raffia.  I got wooden pictures frames (only 2.99 for 3 from Ikea!) and Tuck and I painted them white.  I printed the table numbers and put them in these frames. Using my awesome Silhouette machine, I cut red cows (for the Au Jus Roast Beef dinner) and yellow chickens (for the Chicken in White Sauce dinner) and wrote guest’s names on them to serve as place tags and dinner identifiers.  With the Silhouette, I also made maple leafs and stamped them with “Thank You” and hung them on the rim of the wine glasses at the dinner tables.  Last of all, I made the wedding programs- my favorite part was the “JenTuck Word Find” on the back.

0 comments:

Post a Comment