Jan 26, 2010

Inspiration

Henry Peach Robinson - He has said that if you take a watch and have 20 people taking a picture of that same watch, each picture will NOT turn out the same way. I have had people in the past tell me that there is no hope for me in photography, and that there are just too many people out there. Well I believe Peach, no matter how many people are taking pictures, they will all be different, and unique in their own way.

You may not be a professional photographer, but nothing is stopping you from seeing what your eye can see.

he is the one who inspired me to find my passion for photography. Along with many people along the way. I have learned a lot from people like Henry, Sang Nam, Robert Hoehn (Robert Michael Photography).

But of all of these people, it was me who studied photography. You study other photographers work, and it sparks ideas, you keep your eyes open for something extraordinary that sparks some emotion within you. An example, the other day I was at Olive Garden, and I say a father holding the hand of his son who had to be about 3 years old. The 3 year old boy was dragging his mothers purse. It made me smile, and wish I carried my camera with me.

Don't be afraid of people around you when you are taking pictures. They may look at you and wonder what you are doing, but when it is all done, you will have an amazing photograph. "Don't let the fear of striking out, keep you from playing the game."


0 comments:

Post a Comment